It can be easy to see why schools need to be teaching children to cooperate. But consider for a moment: why is cooperation necessary for your organization? Perhaps you could facilitate some conversations this month about cooperation.
• What would your organization look like if we cooperated effectively?
• How do we encourage cooperation?
• What are some of the hurdles to successful cooperation we need to address?
• What are some examples of successful cooperation you have seen this year?
• What are the characteristics of cooperation?
• What tasks are we attempting alone that could be completed more efficiently if we worked together?
• What makes cooperation easy/hard for me personally?
WAYS TO LOOK FOR THIS VALUE/SKILL:
- Employees share job related information willingly with each other
- People work together to solve problems
- Staff members enjoy being around each other for company gatherings, lunch, and other occasions